Thursday 14 October 2010

H. R. Giger Revealed

Sup?

I was genuinely a bit weirded out by the fractal thing.. Not because it makes more sense the more I think about it, but because the idea is considered so 'out there' compared to more 'rational' explanations like an all powerful Sky God or cosmic chances comparable to winning the lottery millions of times in a row. I'm not 100% sure how to take Dawkin's 'work'. He and his devout following are forming an organised religion just as up their own arses as any other. The Sir David, however will have to knock on my door and punch me in the face to lose my respect after all the great work he's done on the goggle tube. As usual, the truth is somewhere in the eye of the hurricane with a wailing shit storm of opposite opinions swirling around it. It's hard to accept that it will never be known because we're all such egotistical prats, but I'll get over it.

I think I'm in love with the Burtos Renaldos or whatever. I agree with the comments about the Bo Ningen vid but I still like the track (don't you fucking kai). Been listening to Waits' Blood Money this week to prepare me for the festive season. I have the great joy of putting up Christmas decorations at work this weekend. Bag 'o shite.

I found this site promoting a new(ish) retrospective DVD of Giger's work today. Lots of info and some clips of his work which have been animated. Nice site! Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Giger vid looks great, i'ma get me a copy. His work/designs are perfect for CGI. Alex Grey did a similar thing for the TOOL 'vicarious' track. There's a making of doc on the tube. Maynards doc about his wine making in Arazonia is worth a watch, 'Blood into Wine'.

Yeah Dave's done good things but he's an establishment gonk. Hardcore Darwinists tend to be capitalist filth in my book, 'surrvival of the fittest' and all that outdated gubbins.
Bucky's ideas piss that gangs vision down a victorian drain.

They would do well to remember modern science was born when Descartes had a mystical vision of an angel that told him “The conquest of nature is to be achieved through measure and number.”

...So Dawkins, Hawkings & Sir. D can suck my Cox.

the blimp said...

Do us a flavour...

Can you add a link to my bucky channel on the dymaxion map gif?

i can't do.