Sunday 17 October 2010

Goodbye Benoir

I don't know why, but when I heard this news today I thought about watching Scanners again.

And it gets weirder.. After a quick search on YouTube another name pops up; Nassim Nicholas Taleb, a student of Mandelbrot's fractal theories who uses mathematics to predict market trends in western economies (predicting the stock exchange.. sound familiar?). There are numerous interviews of both men predicting a massive economic collapse back in 2007. One interviewer asks them if it will be as bad as the great depression. 'More like the American Civil War' they agree. Taleb also wrote a book entitled 'Black Swan' the same year which uses chaos and fractal mathematics to explain what he calls his theory of 'Black Swan Events', the way seemingly out of nowhere shock and awe events can effect and mould society and markets. I don't know if you know this but Aronofsky's new movie is called 'Black Swan'. And I'm not even joking right now I decided to google 'The Eraser' and the same time 'Paranoid Android' starts playing randomly on my iPod. I'm going to bed!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black Swan Events sounds like it's based on Nash's 'Game Theory'
I have to wonder if his 'madness' is in some part a mix of genuine paranoia & cover story for a real involvement with black ops. He must have come to their attention.

All points seem to be connecting exponentially as the ocean of history spirals down the plug hole of the 'sync' into singularity.