Sunday 2 May 2010

I know, I'm Rubbish..

Apologies for not being more active on the blog.. Russia invaded Finland 3 weeks ago and we are currently living from day to day on whatever scraps of food we find amongst the rubble of supermarkets and fast food outlets. Internet connections and phone signals are weak and inconsistent.. Tell the World.

Not much has actually happened, of course.. Except I currently have tinnitus, which is driving me a bit nuts. Story goes.. Three weeks ago. Dropped a stepladder. The end. Part of my inner ear has now been permanently damaged causing part of my range of hearing to be replaced by a whining hum (similar to a TV test signal, so you know).

Naturally, I'm suddenly very interested in a subject which normally would have bored me stupid. I've researched two possible reasons for this condition which I like the sound of.. One: The sound is a phantom, similar to an amputee experiencing an itch in a limb to which he's no longer attached. The sound does not exist in any measurable sense and in the view of medical science should be treated as a mild mental illness.. Two: I can hear my brain. Some scientists believe that an operational brain produces background noise which is normally filtered out by the inner ear. This filter can be temporarily, or in some cases permanently switched off by a loud noise or inner ear trauma.

What sounds better..? A ghost in the head, or hearing myself think? Both are fucking annoying.

How's tings with you?

Is witch finding your new profession? I see the Colonel's on Facebook.. Is he back?

Been listening to the Fire on Fire.. Which I like.

Also listening to The XX, Woods, Os Haxixins, Sun Araw and whatever else takes my mind of the test card.

And thank fuck that the Yanks have made a super shit looking version of the classic TV series 'The Prisoner'.. It reminded me to watch it again.. Which you should too.. fantastic!!

New one..? Bag of shite.

No comments: